Palm Beach Gardens Car Accident Whiplash Lawyer
If another driver has rear-ended you or you have been involved in another type of crash, there are many different types of injuries you may suffer from. If you are experiencing neck pain or stiffness, whiplash may be one type of injury you have sustained.
Many people think whiplash is a minor injury but in some cases, it can be very serious. It is imperative that you visit a doctor after any type of accident so you can receive the necessary treatment. You should then contact our Palm Beach Gardens car accident whiplash lawyer who can advise on your case and help you obtain the full damages that are justly yours.
How to Tell if You Have Suffered Whiplash After a Car Accident
Whiplash obtained its name because it is a result of the neck moving back and forth in rapid succession while the body remains still, like a whip. Like many other types of injuries, whiplash does not always present symptoms right away. Even when the injury does cause symptoms, they are sometimes so slight that victims do not pay proper attention to them. The most common symptoms of whiplash are as follows:
- A neck that is stiff and/or painful
- Pain that becomes worse when the neck moves from side to side
- A reduced range of motion when the head is turned to the right or left
- Headaches that typically start in the back of the head, at the base of the skull
- A numbness or tingling sensation in the arms
- Feelings of dizziness or fatigue
- Ringing in the ears or blurred vision
- Memory and concentration problems
Regardless of whether you experience any of the above symptoms after an accident or not, it is essential that you see a doctor after any crash. A doctor will know how to diagnose your injuries and will document it. These steps will help you receive the treatment you need while also documenting your injury for the insurance company.
What Causes a Whiplash Injury During a Car Accident?
The vast majority of whiplash injuries are caused by rear-end accidents. Still, any time someone crashes into your vehicle with violent force, it can cause the neck to move in such a way that it causes a whiplash injury. Some of the most common causes of whiplash injuries after a car accident include:
- Following your vehicle too closely
- Driving above the posted speed limit
- Driving while distracted by a text message, phone call, or other passengers
- Driving while impaired by alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication that was not used properly, and
- Driving while fatigued.
Contact Our Car Accident Whiplash Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens Today
If you have been hurt in a crash, our Palm Beach Gardens car accident whiplash lawyer at Smith, Ball, Baez & Prather can help you claim the full and fair settlement that is justly yours. Call or text us today at 561-500-HELP or reach out to us online to schedule a free review of your case and to learn more about how we can help.