Wellington Truck Accidents Lawyer
Whether you are someone who drives long distances every day or just uses your car to run errands here and there, there is no doubt that you will encounter large trucks on the road on a regular basis. In Wellington, large trucks are used to deliver consumer goods and products, equipment, and other items that we depend on. But while large trucks are essential, they can also be dangerous. When a large truck and a smaller vehicle collide, the occupants of the smaller vehicle are almost sure to suffer serious injuries. If you or a loved one has been seriously harmed or killed in a truck accident, our Wellington truck accident lawyers are here to help.
Call us today to learn more about how we can serve you when you really need an advocate on your side.
Damages from a Truck Accident
Even a truck accident that happens at low speeds can result in thousands of dollars worth of damages; truck accidents that occur at high speeds are even more devastating. When a truck accident occurs, those involved may incur:
- Serious injuries. Injuries that are common in truck accidents include traumatic brain injuries, internal injuries, bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, crush injuries, and amputation injuries, amongst others.
- Medical bills. Treating serious injuries can be incredibly expensive. The cost of hospital stays, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, equipment, and more can add up, resulting in large amounts of medical debt.
- Lost wages. When a person is severely injured in a truck accident, they may be left unable to work – sometimes permanently. The inability to work can result in lost wages, lost benefits, and loss of earning capacity, all of which a person should be compensated for.
- Property damages costs. Of course, if an individual is seriously injured in a car crash, it’s likely that their vehicle will be totaled.
- Psychological harm. In addition to physical injuries and economic losses, psychological injuries such as the development of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety are also common after a crash.
At Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, our Wellington wrongful death attorneys will aggressively advocate for your right to compensation for all of your losses.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Wellington
While you may believe that you can pursue damages and file your claim without an attorney, the reality is that truck accident claims are complex and working with a lawyer is strongly advised. Truck accident claims are often complicated because liability is hard to prove and because of the amount of damages involved.
Liability can be difficult to prove, in large part, because of the large number of parties who could be liable for the crash, including the truck driver, the trucking company, a shipper or loader of cargo, or a third party. Recovering a settlement is also difficult because the damages involved–discussed above–often total into the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars – a sum no insurance company wants to pay.
Call Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Wellington Today
If you’ve been in a truck accident in Wellington, you can count on our experienced attorneys to advocate for you. We know how to investigate truck accidents, prove liability and damages, and get our clients the settlements they deserve.
Reach out to us today for a free consultation and help you can trust.
Over $100 Million Recovered
Our results speak for themselves, and our team is dedicated to winning for you.
AV-Rated With Martindale Hubbell
We are ranked by the most prestigious peer review rating an attorney can receive for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Over 65 Years of Experience
With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys know what it takes to win for you while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Our attorneys are committed to excellence and are recognized for their hard work with many accolades from the legal community.
We're Not Afraid to Litigate
We're trial lawyers at heart and don't shy away from the courtroom; we'll put our compassionate tenacity to work for you.
A Florida Firm With Extensive Resources
No case is too big; we'll utilize our large network of experts, connections in the legal community, and deep well of resources to help you win.