Port St. Lucie Amusement Park Accident Lawyer
Amusement parks offer exciting rides, fattening foods, and time away from the stresses of ordinary life. Many parks advertise themselves as family friendly, so most customers should feel safe to spend time there. Unfortunately, some parks are not run as professionally as they should be. Dangerous or defective rides can end up hurting visitors, leaving them with substantial injuries and pain. Other hazards on the premises, including violent crime, could result in shocking injuries.
If you were hurt while visiting an amusement park, give Smith, Ball & Báez a call. We are a team of experienced Port St. Lucie amusement park accident lawyers who can powerfully advocate for your legal right to compensation.
What Causes Amusement Park Accidents?
Amusement parks rely heavily on having a good reputation for safety. Parents will stop going to a park that has multiple accidents, so park management should do everything possible to address safety violations.
The industry is also regulated by state and local agencies, which can inspect the park to ensure the proper training of staff and safety of equipment. Unfortunately, injuries continue to occur at Florida’s largest amusement parks despite this oversight.
Accident victims suffer many serious injuries including bruising, cuts, abrasions, fractures, and head injuries. If a visitor falls from a great height, they can suffer paralysis due to spinal column injury. Some amusement park deaths also make the news.
What causes these accidents? Here are some leading reasons why people are hurt:
- Structural defect. An old ride could have advanced corrosion which compromises its integrity.
- Mechanical defect. Defective brakes or cables can fail, leading to tragic accidents. Poor maintenance is usually to blame, as well as lax inspection of rides.
- Defective design. A ride might be operated properly but have a design flaw that makes it inherently unsafe. This is particularly true of new rides. If there is an accident soon after the ride is introduced, then a design defect is often to blame.
- Operator error. Staff should ensure that guests are properly buckled into rides and that equipment is in good working order. Staff error can contribute to accidents.
- Lack of safety equipment. Some rides need nets or other equipment to protect anyone tossed out of a ride. This safety equipment could be missing or in disrepair.
- Slip and fall hazards. Some people aren’t injured on a ride. Instead, they might slip and fall while walking around the amusement park due to spilled liquids, poorly constructed ramps, or trash and debris.
- Negligent security. Criminals can attack visitors at the amusement park due to a lack of security.
In many cases, we can sue either the amusement park or the manufacturer of a defective ride. Although you might not know what happened, our team can investigate. We can also work with expert engineers who can pinpoint design or safety flaws in amusement park rides.
Contact Us for Legal Assistance
Amusement parks rake in serious profits, and they should spend some of that protecting their customers. If you were hurt in any type of accident, please call us. A Port St. Lucie amusement park accident lawyer is standing by to meet with you.