Palm Beach Gardens Product Liability Attorneys
When you purchase a product, you expect it to work as directed and not be hazardous. However, dangerously defective products sometimes make it on the market. They can be anything from childrens toys and household appliances to prescription medication and workplace equipment. These dangerous products put consumers at risk of illness or injury. If a defective product has injured you or someone you love, its time to contact a Palm Beach Gardens product liability lawyer who can help.
Concerns about consumer safety are why the federal government has so many restrictions in place regarding products that enter the marketplace. If something isnt safe, there will be recalls issued. However, even if there is no recall, consumers have a right to bring a lawsuit for their injuries.
At Smith, Ball, Báez & Prather Injury Lawyers, we have years of experience helping consumers hold companies liable for the products they put on the market. Get help today by calling 561-500-4357!
Different Types of Product Defects
Typically, product liability cases fall under one of three categories defects in design, defects in manufacturing, or defects in marketing.
- Design Defects –When something has a design defect, it means the problem existed before the product was created. The design flaw is what makes it inherently dangerous.
- Manufacturing Defects –With a manufacturing defect, the problem occurred during the construction or assembly of the product. It means the design was ok, but a problem occurred during the manufacturing process. That might be because the manufacturer used the wrong materials, or an error occurred with a batch.
- Marketing Defects –Marketing defects occur when a product is sold without proper warnings or instructions. This defect is commonly seen with prescription medication. An example would be a medication that is sold without listing the appropriate drug interaction warnings.
Examples of Florida Product Liability Cases
Under the three general categories of product liability cases, you have many types of potential cases. Some examples of product liability cases weve handled include:
- Defective or dangerous automobiles equipment, like seatbelts, airbags, or tires;
- Medical treatment devices that end up causing illness or injury;
- Dangerous childrens toys, furniture, or other play equipment;
- Unsafe food products, including ones that contain pathogens or foreign objects;
- Medications determined to be harmful, either on their own or when used in combination with other meds;
- Dangerous cleaning products or chemicals;
- Defective household products and appliances, like fans or space heaters; and
- Faulty construction equipment, like scaffolding, cranes, or forklifts.
Some defective product cases arise out of other personal injury cases. For example, take a car accident claim that was caused by another drivers negligence. It also turns out that your seatbelt was defective and didnt work in the accident. You would have a personal injury claim against the driver who hit you and a defective product claim as well.
Contact Our Palm Beach Gardens Product Liability Lawyers
Product liability cases are complex to pursue. You want an injury attorney who has the experience to take on these large corporations. Many product liability cases end up in lengthy litigation as companies are not quick to accept liability and open the door to more lawsuits.
If you believe you have a valid defective product claim, contact Smith, Ball, Báez & Prather Injury Lawyers Law today to schedule an initial consultation.