Palm Beach Gardens Child Injury Lawyer
The most important thing for any parent is the safety of their children. Sometimes, they have to trust another person to make sure their children’s well-being is protected. When these individuals act negligently and a child suffers harm as a result, it causes devastation for the whole family.
The cost of obtaining medical care for your child is often high, and you may wonder how you are going to pay for it. Your child may also suffer other losses as well, such as pain and suffering while they recover. You can file a personal injury claim to recover these losses, but the process is never easy. Our Palm Beach Gardens child injury lawyer can help you through it so you obtain the full and fair settlement your family deserves.
What Child Injuries are Most Common?
There are several ways children can become hurt, including playground accidents, drowning accidents, dog bites, daycare accidents, and more. Children can sustain a number of injuries during these accidents and they include:
- Brain injuries: It takes over five years for the skull to become fully developed. When a child is involved in an accident, they are often at a heightened risk of suffering a brain injury.
- Choking: Young children place just about everything in their mouths and when those items are small, they can present a serious choking hazard.
- Suffocation: Certain items, including plastic bags and different types of packaging, can pose a real suffocation threat to children and young people often do not realize these risks.
- Broken bones: Falling from playground equipment that is unsafe and other types of accidents can easily cause a child’s delicate bones to break.
- Drowning: Swimming pools, bath tubs, and even fountains are all very attractive to children. Unfortunately, they are also very dangerous and pose a serious risk of drowning to children.
- Strangulation: Cords from blinds and drapes and electrical cords are the main reasons for childhood strangulation.
Who is Liable when a Child is Injured?
There are many different people and entities who can be held liable after a child becomes injured. Some of the most common of these include:
- Staff members at child care centers: Child care staff members have a responsibility to ensure that children are kept safe, to provide proper supervision, and to make sure facilities are kept in a safe condition.
- Staff members at schools: Teachers, custodial staff members, and guidance counselors all have a responsibility to make sure they do not act negligently so children do not become hurt.
- Private property owners: Private property owners must ensure their premises are safe for anyone who enters, including children. This includes making sure swimming pools are properly secured from public places.
- Manufacturers: All manufacturers must ensure their products do not contain defects or flaws that can harm a child.
Our Child Injury Lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens will Fight for Your Child
If your child has suffered harm caused by another person’s carelessness, our Palm Beach Gardens child injury lawyer at Smith, Ball, Baez & Prather will work tirelessly to ensure your child’s rights are upheld. Call or text us now at 561-500-HELP or connect with us online to schedule a free review of your case.