Lake Worth Product Liability Attorneys
There are around 350 product recalls issued every year in the US, whether by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), other government agencies, or manufacturers. Many other items are not subject to recalls but are equally dangerous because of their potential to cause injury or death to consumers. If you were hurt or lost a loved one, you may be relieved to know that you have legal remedies under Florida product liability laws.
However, you may not realize the complexities involved when you try to pursue a manufacturer or other company for your losses as a victim. Instead of putting your rights at risk, trust our team at Smith, Ball & Báez to advocate on your behalf.
Please contact us today to schedule a no-cost case evaluation with a Lake Worth product liability lawyer.
Florida Product Liability Laws
Manufacturers and other companies in the supply chain can be held accountable for the losses victims suffer after being injured by a defective product.
There are multiple classifications regarding defects, including:
- Design flaws, where a mistake in developing the product leads all items made from this blueprint to be defective;
- Manufacturing defects, in which an error in production makes a particular lot of items to be dangerous; and,
- Labeling errors that usually involve a failure to warn consumers about the dangers of the product.
Many defective product claims are based upon strict liability, so it is not necessary to prove that the manufacturer was at fault in allowing the item to make its way into the stream of commerce. However, negligence and breach of express or implied warranty may also serve as a basis for a product liability case.
Your Rights as an Injured Victim
You may be entitled to recover compensation after being hurt because of a defective product, in an amount intended to put you in the same position as if your injuries never occurred.
Our attorneys at Smith, Ball & Báez strive to obtain fair monetary damages in two key categories:
- Economic Damages: This class of compensation refers to your defined losses and out-of-pocket expenditures. Examples include your costs for surgery, treatment, hospitalization, and other medical care, as well as lost wage.
- Non-Economic Damages: You may also sustain losses that are not as easy to define by dollar value, but which certainly affect your life. Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and losses that affect your personal relationship are non-economic in nature.
Set Up a Consultation with a Lake Worth Product Liability Lawyer
As you can see, the legal process can be complicated when you attempt to seek compensation after being hurt by a dangerous, defective product. You gain an advantage when you retain qualified legal representation, so please contact Smith, Ball & Báez to speak to a member of our team.
We can set up a free consultation with a product liability attorney who can review your situation and determine how to proceed. Dial (561) 500-HELP today.
Over $100 Million Recovered
Our results speak for themselves, and our team is dedicated to winning for you.
AV-Rated With Martindale Hubbell
We are ranked by the most prestigious peer review rating an attorney can receive for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Over 65 Years of Experience
With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys know what it takes to win for you while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Our attorneys are committed to excellence and are recognized for their hard work with many accolades from the legal community.
We're Not Afraid to Litigate
We're trial lawyers at heart and don't shy away from the courtroom; we'll put our compassionate tenacity to work for you.
A Florida Firm With Extensive Resources
No case is too big; we'll utilize our large network of experts, connections in the legal community, and deep well of resources to help you win.