Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton
A Commitment to Fighting for Victims & Their Loved Ones
Riding a motorcycle is an enjoyable hobby—but a dangerous one. Statistics show that around 8,800 people are involved in motorcycle accidents every year in Florida, and some of them are injured quite severely. A motorcycle offers far less protection than a passenger sedan, and many bikers are thrown clear of their bikes in a collision, striking nearby objects like trees, cars, and fire hydrants.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, we have your back. The Boca Raton motorcycle accident lawyers at Smith, Ball & Báez, have helped many clients get back on their feet by obtaining favorable settlements on their behalf.
Learn more about your options by calling us at (561) 500-HELP to schedule your free initial consultation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents tend to be very violent. A biker or passenger can suffer serious friction or blunt trauma injuries, including:
- Abrasions and friction burns
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Brain bleeding
- Fractures, including pelvic fractures
- Nerve damage, including “biker’s arm”
- Spinal cord injury
Wearing a helmet can reduce some of the more serious head injuries by about 70%. But some accidents are so violent that a person will still suffer serious harm, and hundreds of people die every year in Florida from these collisions.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can happen anywhere, and there is no one type of accident.
Often a careless or aggressive motorist is at fault for crashes such as:
- Collisions at intersections. Motorists waiting to make a left-hand turn either don’t see the motorcyclist or can’t judge their speed properly. In any event, the motorist pulls directly in front of the motorcyclist or slams into them.
- Rear-end collisions. A motor vehicle can come up behind a motorcyclist and slam into them, particularly when stopped at a stop sign or red light.
- Head-on collisions. A motorist might drift into the other lane or hit a motorcyclist when passing.
- Open door accidents. A passenger in a parked car might open a door without checking if anyone is approaching from behind. The biker slams into the opened door.
- Defects on the road. Motorcyclists are uniquely vulnerable to potholes, defective shoulders, and seams in the road that would not bother a passenger sedan. However, these defects could cause a motorcyclist to flip over or slide off the road.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
Receiving adequate compensation can be a challenge following a wreck. Our clients often have high medical expenses because their injuries tend to be serious. They might incur tens of thousands of dollars in medical care and require ongoing rehabilitation or additional surgeries. Many clients cannot work because of their injuries, which causes a dizzying drop in income.
The pain, inconvenience, and emotional distress that accompany a physical injury should not be discounted, either. Many clients have their lives turned completely upside down following their crashes and experience chronic pain, depression, and anxiety. Fortunately, Florida law allows them to be compensated for these non-economic losses, as well.
Smith, Ball & Báez has tackled many of the most complicated personal injury cases in our area. If you have been injured, or if a loved one was killed in a motorcycle crash, our Boca Raton motorcycle accident attorneys can help. Call us at (561) 500-HELP to schedule a free consultation.
What Sets Us ApartCommitted to Fighting for Justice for the Injured
Over $100 Million Recovered
Our results speak for themselves, and our team is dedicated to winning for you.
AV-Rated With Martindale Hubbell
We are ranked by the most prestigious peer review rating an attorney can receive for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Over 65 Years of Experience
With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys know what it takes to win for you while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Our attorneys are committed to excellence and are recognized for their hard work with many accolades from the legal community.
We're Not Afraid to Litigate
We're trial lawyers at heart and don't shy away from the courtroom; we'll put our compassionate tenacity to work for you.
A Florida Firm With Extensive Resources
No case is too big; we'll utilize our large network of experts, connections in the legal community, and deep well of resources to help you win.