Palm Beach County Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Trusting health care professionals to provide a standard level of care may seem like a given, until a mistake or oversight causes you harm. Too often, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, technicians, and others in the medical industry fail to maintain the diligence, focus, and caution their work requires, resulting in entirely avoidable patient injuries and illnesses. This is medical malpractice, and health care providers should be held accountable when it occurs. At Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, our Palm Beach County medical malpractice lawyers represent victims of medical malpractice in Palm Beach County, putting all our knowledge and resources behind obtaining maximum compensation for our clients.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Make no mistake, many doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals are guilty of serious errors due to negligence. These errors can devastatingly and permanently impact the lives of medical malpractice victims, who are forced to deal with the physical and emotional consequences of the lapse in judgment, omission, miscalculation, or other negligence of a medical professional. Examples of medical malpractice include:
- A misdiagnosis occurs when a doctor examines a patient but fails to correctly diagnose the patient’s illness. As a result of misdiagnosis, the patient does not receive the necessary medical treatment or receives unnecessary treatment.
- A delayed diagnosis occurs when a doctor makes an incorrect (or no) diagnosis, thus allowing the patient’s condition to become worse before a correct diagnosis is made.
- When doctors are treating too many patients, there may be a failure to properly treat one or more patients. A patient may be released too soon, not receive adequate follow-up care, or not be referred to a specialist.
- Surgical errors include performing the incorrect procedure, performing an unnecessary procedure, damaging organs, nerves, or tissues during surgery, administering an incorrect amount of anesthesia, using non-sterile surgical instruments, and leaving surgical instruments inside the patient.
- Birth injuries may involve inadequate prenatal care or negligence during childbirth. They include (but aren’t limited to) brain ischemia, brain hemorrhage, cerebral palsy, brachial plexus, Erb’s palsy, Klumpke’s palsy, shoulder dystocia, and persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN).
With the complex nature and serious consequences of medical malpractice, you should contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney as quickly as possible if you believe a health care provider was negligent. Doctors and hospitals want to avoid the stigma of medical malpractice at all costs, and they have lawyers at the ready to defend their actions, no matter how egregious. You need legal representation just as strong to help you recover fair compensation for your medical malpractice injuries.
Contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers to Find out If You Have a Medical Malpractice Case
For a free evaluation of your potential medical malpractice claim, please contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers in Palm Beach County, FL. If you have a case, we’ll get to work right away, and you’ll owe us nothing until we win compensation for you.
Over $100 Million Recovered
Our results speak for themselves, and our team is dedicated to winning for you.
AV-Rated With Martindale Hubbell
We are ranked by the most prestigious peer review rating an attorney can receive for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Over 65 Years of Experience
With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys know what it takes to win for you while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Our attorneys are committed to excellence and are recognized for their hard work with many accolades from the legal community.
We're Not Afraid to Litigate
We're trial lawyers at heart and don't shy away from the courtroom; we'll put our compassionate tenacity to work for you.
A Florida Firm With Extensive Resources
No case is too big; we'll utilize our large network of experts, connections in the legal community, and deep well of resources to help you win.