Palm Beach County Personal Injury Lawyers
Real Trial Lawyers, Fighting for Your Fair Recovery
If you were recently involved in a serious accident, or if someone you love tragically passed away due to the negligence of another, you deserve justice. Smith, Ball & Báez provides aggressive and compassionate legal representation to clients throughout Palm Beach County and the surrounding areas. Our personal injury attorneys have decades of combined experience in this area of law, as well as a long, proven track record of success.
We have built a reputation for taking cases to trial, and insurance companies know that we won’t back down from a fight. When it comes to helping our clients navigate the legal process, we offer personal attention and direct attorney contact every step of the way.
How to Prove Liability in Your Personal Injury Claim
To have a valid personal injury case, you must be able to prove that another person or party, such as a business or manufacturer, is legally responsible for your injuries and resulting losses, or “damages.” Proving liability can be difficult, depending on the specific circumstances of your case, but our team at Smith, Ball & Báez knows how to thoroughly investigate claims and identify the liable party.
Our Palm Beach County personal injury lawyers can establish liability by proving the following:
- Duty of Care: First, we work to demonstrate that the defendant owed you a “duty of care.” This means that they had a legal responsibility to take and/or avoid certain actions in an effort to prevent you from foreseeable injury or harm.
- Breach: Next, our attorneys demonstrate how the defendant breached the duty of care. Often, this involves proving that the defendant was negligent or acted wrongfully. In some cases, it may involve proving that the defendant intentionally harmed our client.
- Injury: Our team must also prove that you were injured and, as a result of that injury, suffered measurable damages for which you can be compensated. Examples include both economic and non-economic losses, like medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
- Causation: Lastly, we must prove that the defendant’s conduct was the actual cause (whether proximate or direct) of your injuries and resulting damages. In other words, the defendant’s negligent or wrongful behavior was the reason you were injured.
Our attorneys work alongside accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and other experts who provide important testimony on behalf of our clients. We develop powerful, evidence-based claims and innovative legal strategies to help maximize our clients’ recoveries, and we are always prepared to aggressively represent our clients’ best interests at trial.
Compensation for Personal Injury Victims
Although no amount of money can ever truly compensate you for the immense pain, suffering, and trauma you have experienced, a personal injury claim allows you to seek a monetary settlement to help offset some of the financial costs and ease the burden of intangible losses associated with your injury.
Every case is different, but you may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses, including bills for hospitalization, treatments, medications, medical devices, rehabilitation, physical therapy, etc.
- Lost income, wages, and other benefits related to employment, such as 401(k) contributions or pensions, due to time taken off work
- Lost earning ability due to a permanent injury, impairment, or disability, as well as loss of future earnings, income, and benefits
- Pain and suffering, including both physical and mental pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress and anguish related to the accident, incident, or injury
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses, such as in-home medical care, assistance with chores and other household tasks, and transportation costs
In some cases, injured victims, or the surviving family members of those wrongfully killed, may also be entitled to punitive damages. Rather than compensate victims for specific losses, punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant and are typically only available in cases involving gross negligence or egregious misconduct, leading to severe injury or death.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
At Smith, Ball & Báez, our Palm Beach County personal injury lawyers have extensive experience navigating all types of claims. We are tireless when it comes to pursuing maximum compensation for our clients, an approach that has helped us recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts.
Our practice areas include:
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
We understand the challenges you and your family are facing, and we want to help. Our team is dedicated to holding negligent, careless, and reckless parties accountable and seeking justice on behalf of everyday people throughout Florida.
Your time to file a personal injury lawsuit is limited! In most cases, you have just four years from the date of injury to sue for damages. If the statute of limitations expires before you take legal action, you will almost certainly lose your right to recover compensation for your damages. We encourage you to act quickly if you suspect you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Our team can also help you file an insurance claim with your own insurance provider or with the at-fault party’s insurance carrier. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Over $100 Million Recovered
Our results speak for themselves, and our team is dedicated to winning for you.
AV-Rated With Martindale Hubbell
We are ranked by the most prestigious peer review rating an attorney can receive for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Over 65 Years of Experience
With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys know what it takes to win for you while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Our attorneys are committed to excellence and are recognized for their hard work with many accolades from the legal community.
We're Not Afraid to Litigate
We're trial lawyers at heart and don't shy away from the courtroom; we'll put our compassionate tenacity to work for you.
A Florida Firm With Extensive Resources
No case is too big; we'll utilize our large network of experts, connections in the legal community, and deep well of resources to help you win.