Product Liability Attorneys in Boca Raton
Seek Compensation for Injuries Sustained Due to Defective Products
People use dozens of products every day, from kitchen appliances to automobiles. Yet, some of these products are so defective that they are unreasonably dangerous and end up harming innocent consumers.
If you have been injured by a defective product, you might be able to sue for compensation. Please consult with a Boca Raton product liability lawyer to review the circumstances surrounding your accident.
Cases We Handle
Our product liability experience is very wide and includes most of the major products that people use daily. For example, we can bring products liability cases for the following:
- Medical devices that cause injury or make pre-existing injuries worse
- Prescription drugs that are harmful on their own or when combined with different drugs
- Motor vehicles that contained defective parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, tires, seatbelts, or airbags, among others
- Hazardous household cleaners and chemicals
- Unsafe food
- Defective children’s toys that can pose a choking hazard or other injury
- Hazardous furniture, including bureaus and stands that pose a tip-over hazard
- Dangerous clothing that could catch on fire or otherwise injure a person
These are only some of the more common product liability cases that we have brought. If any product injured you, then please contact our law firm today.
Types of Product Defects
Generally, products are dangerous in one of three ways:
- Dangerous design. Something about the way a product has been designed makes it unreasonably dangerous. For example, a bureau might be too tall and thin, which makes it prone to tip-overs.
- Defective manufacture. A product’s design might be safe, but the way the product was assembled or manufactured makes it dangerous. For example, a child’s car seat might be missing screws, which causes it to fly apart when involved in a crash. Other items in the product line are safe, but this item was assembled in a dangerous manner.
- Marketing defects. Some products need safety warnings or instructions to operate safely. When these are missing or insufficient, then the product can be unreasonably dangerous under Florida law. For example, a propane grill might be missing instructions which results in a person burning themselves.
Even if defective, a product still must cause an injury. Medication can be dangerous, for example, but that does not mean it is responsible for the tumors you are experiencing.
Many defective products are subject to recalls announced on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website, which is updated regularly. Manufacturers also must notify those who bought a product that it is defective and can return it for a refund or a fix. However, our clients can still sue when a defective product injures them even if there is no recall.
Contact a Boca Raton Product Liability Attorney Today
Smith, Ball & Báez has helped injured Floridians hold manufacturers and others accountable when dangerous products injure them.
If you are in Boca Raton, or if you were injured here, then please contact our law firm at (561) 500-HELP. You can meet during a free consultation to discuss the accident in detail and we can inspect the product to identify its flaws.
What Sets Us ApartCommitted to Fighting for Justice for the Injured
Over $100 Million Recovered
Our results speak for themselves, and our team is dedicated to winning for you.
AV-Rated With Martindale Hubbell
We are ranked by the most prestigious peer review rating an attorney can receive for high ethical standards and professional ability.
Over 65 Years of Experience
With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys know what it takes to win for you while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Our attorneys are committed to excellence and are recognized for their hard work with many accolades from the legal community.
We're Not Afraid to Litigate
We're trial lawyers at heart and don't shy away from the courtroom; we'll put our compassionate tenacity to work for you.
A Florida Firm With Extensive Resources
No case is too big; we'll utilize our large network of experts, connections in the legal community, and deep well of resources to help you win.